Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Party - Exam - Marketing Club

Too busy .....

We started from our campus in 3 busses ..... a one hour journey towards mahabalipuram, on the east cost road after VGP there are a lots of beach houses. We finally reached that place. I was forced to go on the first bus to show the way. I had only my dear juniors with me .... It was a formal journey, they are mostly from north, they did not understand the songs, then they dint like the movie. No dance or song in the Bus. I should have come on the last bus with all my friends ... Ho it will be rock and roll.

We entered the place by 4 in the evening, it was Hot (Chennai) then we had some little play in pool, all the students were gathered for an informal meeting between the seniors and juniors, it went on well. Then all of us were busy pushing each other in the pool. Since the pool was not very deep, nothing happened to anyone and i enjoyed a lot.

We went to Beach and had a real great time over there, we were going on and on, infact our juniors enjoyed more than us as we people had exams on that week. But a bunch of seniors including me, we had great fun. Then I spent time with my gang, they came in Bike, then came after going to a restaurant/bar. They drove 5 km on the beach, I missed it. We were all busy making fun of each other. Then songs started ..... 7 to 12.30 I was on and on and on. Had little break when our Dean came and during food. Crazy dance. Juniors were dominating the dance floor.

Exams:

All marketing papers and 2 common papers were all theory, 5 days 6 exam's. Some days in the morning then in the evening ..... I slept for 4 hours and some times less, I felt little stress after that party, full of cramps. Tired and different sleep timing really affected me. Then question paper was the best. All creative and out of portion or micro portion test. We had marketing research questions in Consumer behavior and a different general - Marketing Comm. Strategy paper and easy services marketing paper. Didn't do well in Management control system, rest all were good.

Marketing club:

It was created before 2 years but didn't function that effectively, we relaunched it, it was inaugurated by marketing heads of the south region of ICICI bank and SONY. Two students did Summer projects in the resp. Companies, i was really happy to see presentation from Mr.Ashok of SONY, my friend who did his project in Sony will often tell me about his busy schedule. Now we have decided not just to conduct guest lecture but also to conduct quiz, GD, Ad hoc research and Case studies. I am very happy as a marketing student to be a part of all these activities.

Now classes going on ..... Quite free and Happy !!

No comments: