Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I am Placed

Finally got some time to announce it officially


I got an offer from Cholamandalam Investments and Financial Services, in Cholamandalam AMC. My Job Profile it to Sell Mutual Funds to Distributors and manage the Channel of Mutual Funds, Designation for First 6 months is Executive Trainee and then Assistant manager - Cholamandalam AMC.

I liked the profile as its is Sales to Channel members: Distributors are the people who Sell the Funds to Investors. So it’s a Professional Profile. Assistant manager Designation I liked it so Much, Pay part of it is not the Best in our Institute, but the Profile, Company, Group, Industry is good. Incentives in Mutual funds Selling will be very high, so I got a good marketing career.



In Mutual Funds we have the following channel:


1. SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India) who regulates the market

2. AMC (Asset managing Company) who creates and manages the Funds, we have comapnies like Sundaram, Chola, Reliance, TATA, Franklin Templeton, JM Morgan Stanley, ICICI and creator of mutual funds in India UTI

3. Distributors (All companies who sell Mutual funds)

4. Investors (Final Customer, who invest in Funds)


My 5 months and Effort of Project with Airtel, is coming to an end as i am doing my Management Research Project at Airtel Telephone and Broadband Services. I have told them that i will be joining Cholamanadalam on 4th April. So my Boss Senior manager Airtel told me that, by next week airtel will make a offer.

3 comments:

Subrahmanyam KVJ said...

Congratulations and All da very best for a bright future pal :)

B.Jeyavarthanaraj said...

Thanks subbu, I wish u and everyone else the same. Its all about Growth after MBA

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Govar was telling about Airtel thing for sometime. Never knew you are upto selling mutual funds. All the best in your career and life :)

~C~