Friday, September 17, 2004

Presentations at B-Schools

Hum .... The most interesting part of any B-Schools is the type of Case studies and presentations.

After Entering ICFAI I have handled many many presentations. In the first term our faculties asked us to make presentation in power point. Some students started presentations with OHPs .... but Faculties stressed on Power point only. In the beginning we collect all the info, prepared for the presentation and downloaded good templates and gave a professional presentation with our personal touch.

Now its all different, I made a Presentation for a case study in Marketing Communication Strategy, It was about cokes plans entering Rural India. I didn't have time, so in the last one hour I created slides and gave a very good presentation, I kept a lot of facts and Points outside the case and of course a lot of pictures of Advertisements.

Every one taught that I spent days preparing for it, after that great presentation,my faculty challenged other students to take up PepsiCo case. Then it all really started .... Video presentations. We saw seniors use Flash for presentations ... Now in our Batch also it started.

But there is one point in any ones presentation, it not important how prepared you are or what vocabs you use or What you show. But we have the convey the message properly to the audience. I always go by his rule. Presentation ambiance is improved by Powerpoint or Video Clip or Flash. But the real good presentation is the one which is understood and accepted to be the best by the Audience.

I will go with the GLADIATOR Movie dialogue (Before Maximus enters the Coliseum his master tells him) "Win the crowd and you will win your freedom"

The same goes with every one, may be a Cricket player (or) a Gladiator (or) a Faculty .... Or a student giving a presentation ....

"Win the crowd and you will win"

..........I will be B A C K !!!

1 comment:

Govar said...

Hmm.. very true, crowd is everything. kewl post. But hey, checck out thosee spellings, and re-read the posts before the final posting. I see some errata..
ciao. :)