Saturday, November 20, 2004

Customer Retention at Bharti : Airtel Telephone Services

This is what I do...


Daily I get up by 7.00, get ready, have a quick glance on newspaper, then have a cup of tea, then dress up formally, and then leave by 9.00. A Bharti tower is at santhome half an hour drive from T.Nagar (Place where I stay in Chennai).

I report to a MBA guy with 2 yrs exp. in Bharti, we have 2 teams under Retention. Retention team is headed by Mr. Balaji CFO of Airtel Telephone and broadband services South India. Then by Mr. Manoj, who were one of the few who joined touchtel very early. There are 2 teams, who focus on retention of customers.

There are 6 zones in Chennai, daily we have a list of customers who cancel their land line phone. We try to retain them. Company expects at least 50% retention rate. Me and another Friend from ICFAI Ram Kumar, do retention. We get about 10 cases in a day. It’s certainly easy to meet all of them. But convincing a customer really takes full information about Product. Here I understood the importance of Product management, We have to be clear of the who product and retention offers we give to our customers. After giving offers they have to pulse more - or else there is no use to retain a customer who will never bring business.

I deal with Retention in T.Nagar, we call the customer, if need go to field also. We work only part time. So we are give many different tasks. We handle Low pulsing customers, We handle tele calling, We handle back hand, we develop Retention offers for specific cases and we also manage account cards of problematic customers. I will continue here until i get a nice job. Its only part-time, so classes starts from 2 to 9, Saturday and Sunday full day. So it’s manageable to me. Daily I do the same. Company, Class, Internet, Songs, and Computer games, Movies (Saturday Sunday) and Sleep well. I really like this.... I will continue

No comments: